Academy of Choice
Academy of choice
A Certified Coaching Program
Our coaching process is about helping people to stop creating their own misery, while helping them take responsibility for their own happiness and success by putting their time and energy into the things they control, rather than the things they don’t. This means leading people away from blame, anger, and resentment and into introspection, acceptance and proactivity. Our process demolishes the victim mentality and empowers clients to reach their goals, while creating the meaningful relationships in their lives that will support and encourage them along the way.
AOC certifies its coaching participants when they achieve competency. You will receive a coaching certificate from AOC and become a certified coach. If you are interested in the additional credential of Board Certified Coach (BCC), click here to learn the program you need that matches your background.
A Board Certified Program
“Success is being able to affect the change in your life that you want, while gracefully accepting, and even appreciating, those things that come your way that you didn’t want originally.”—Kim Olver
Get Certified and Learn Innovative, Successful Techniques to Use with Your Coaching Clients
Our revolutionary process is not just a coaching technique. It becomes a lens through which you learn to view the world and possibly a way you choose to live your life. There is application for every area of your life, e.g. relationships, parenting, self-growth, diversity, counseling, teaching, leadership, and goal attainment. The coaches at The Academy of Choice live and breathe the concepts of our revolutionary coaching process—showing, not just telling you, how to move from an ordinary life to an extraordinary one. You will apply the concepts in your own life as you learn to use them with your clients. It has the potential to be a transformational experience for you as you learn to live your life according to the principles of Mental Freedom®. Many people casually talk about change coming from within but our process shows you step-by-step how to do that so you can live it and then show others the way.
Is Coaching for You?
Ten Reasons to Become a Coach:
Why Choice Coaching?
- Create an informed consent form.
- Discuss the differences between counseling, coaching, and consulting.
- Create a list of essential coaching behaviors.
- Review the BCC Code of Ethics.
- List the five basic human needs.
- Assess need-strengths in practice clients.
- List the elements of the Choice Coaching model
- Practice using Choice Coaching’s Powerful Questions techniques.
- Role play using the the Choice coaching process.
- Distinguish between disconnecting and connecting relationship habits.
- Assess when you are working harder than you client.
- List the elements of an effective plan.
- Explain organizational roles and culture.
- Discuss the three conditions of quality.
- Practice systemic, rather than individual, solutions in management.
- Teach the coaching process as a mentoring model.
- Practice win/win/win solutions in conflict management.
- Discuss coaching business practices—creating website, newsletter, niche, product funnel, SEO, article marketing, etc.
- Develop your budget for your coaching business.
- Define your niche.
- Develop a business plan. Complete a thorough self-assessment.
- Create a plan for improvement with a partner.
- Create your own personalized coaching forms.
The Academy of Choice offers supervision to counselors and coaches. If you are an LPC who needs supervision to qualify for your LCPC, we can help. Kim Olver is an LCPC who does supervision with counselors interested in exploring treating clients without dependence upon the medical model for medication and diagnosing disease. Kim will support you in using the principles of Dr. Glasser’s Choice Theory, Reality Therapy and her own, proprietary method called, Mental Freedom® when you are truly ready to help your clients stop being victims and, take control of their life and begin to live from within. Please check the rules of your state to be sure you can have a supervisor who doesn’t work at your place of employment and may be out-of-state. Academy of Choice Also offers supervision to coaches. While there is no law requiring supervision, you may want to run some cases by someone with more experience.
Counselors: As a licensed clinical professional counselor, you can book Kim to do your counselor supervision. If you are using Choice Theory/Reality Therapy as your theory, you may want guidance for its application. If you are seeking hours for licensure, be sure your state will allow your supervisor to be in Illinois. Some states require supervisors to reside in the same state as the counselor seeking supervision. Sessions are conducted via Zoom.
Coaches: Currently, there are no requirements for coaches to seek supervision, however, as a newbie in the field, or someone who wants to be sure they are applying Choice Coaching or Mental Freedom® properly, you can hire Kim or any of her Academy of Choice coaches for supervision. Remember, what Vince Lombadi said: “It’s not practice that makes perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.”