Academy of Choice
Academy of choice
A Certified Coaching Program
A Board Certified Coaching Program.
“Success is being able to affect the change in your life that you want, while gracefully accepting, and even appreciating, those things that come your way that you didn’t want originally.”—Kim Olver
Get Certified and Learn Innovative, Successful Techniques to Use with Your Coaching Clients
Is Coaching for You?
Ten Reasons to Become a Coach:
Why Choice Coaching?
- Create an informed consent form.
- Discuss the differences between counseling, coaching, and consulting.
- Create a list of essential coaching behaviors.
- Review the BCC Code of Ethics.
- List the five basic human needs.
- Assess need-strengths in practice clients.
- List the elements of the Choice Coaching model
- Practice using Choice Coaching’s Powerful Questions techniques.
- Role play using the the Choice coaching process.
- Distinguish between disconnecting and connecting relationship habits.
- Assess when you are working harder than you client.
- List the elements of an effective plan.
- Explain organizational roles and culture.
- Discuss the three conditions of quality.
- Practice systemic, rather than individual, solutions in management.
- Teach the coaching process as a mentoring model.
- Practice win/win/win solutions in conflict management.
- Discuss coaching business practices—creating website, newsletter, niche, product funnel, SEO, article marketing, etc.
- Develop your budget for your coaching business.
- Define your niche.
- Develop a business plan. Complete a thorough self-assessment.
- Create a plan for improvement with a partner.
- Create your own personalized coaching forms.
Counselors: As a licensed clinical professional counselor, you can book Kim to do your counselor supervision. If you are using Choice Theory/Reality Therapy as your theory, you may want guidance for its application. If you are seeking hours for licensure, be sure your state will allow your supervisor to be in Illinois. Some states require supervisors to reside in the same state as the counselor seeking supervision. Sessions are conducted via Zoom.
Coaches: Currently, there are no requirements for coaches to seek supervision, however, as a newbie in the field, or someone who wants to be sure they are applying Choice Coaching or Mental Freedom™ properly, you can hire Kim or any of her Academy of Choice coaches for supervision. Remember, what Vince Lombadi said: “It’s not practice that makes perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.”